Evening Primrose Oil Benefits
Evening Primrose Oil for Health:
Evening primrose oil has been successfully used by many women all over the world for issues such as:
- Cervical Mucus – Evening primrose oil enhances the quality of cervical mucus helping women to achieve fertile mucus for conception
- Menstrual Pain – This oil is usually used to alleviate distress associated with menstrual pain.
- Breast pain (Mastalgia) – Evening primrose oil is said to alleviate mastalgia (breast pain). European physicians consider evening primrose oil “first-line therapy” for countering breast pain. The oil’s essential fatty acids can minimize breast inflammation and promote the absorption of iodine
- Male Impotence – Helps to treat impotence by stimulating blood flow
- Female infertility – Helps to enhance uterine function
- Menopausal symptoms – Treats menopausal symptoms such as hot flashes and increases feelings of well being.
- Breast Tenderness – Minimize premenstrual breast tenderness
- Eczema – Treats eczema, doctors primarily recommend evening primrose oil for eczema and breast tenderness.
- Heart function – Benefits heart function and reduce high cholesterol
- Attention deficit-hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) – An Australian study found that evening primrose oil improved symptoms of children with ADHD.
- Skin Health – Effectively treat eczema and other skin conditions.
- Discomfort – Relieves discomfort due to its anti-inflammatory properties and help ease the symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis. Also help to control endometriosis-associated inflammation.
Evening primrose oil have also been used by many for chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS), asthma, nerve damage related to diabetes, itching disorder, hyperactivity in children and attention deficit-hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), obesity and weight loss, whooping cough, ulcerative colitis and other gastrointestinal disorders, irritable bowel syndrome, and peptic ulcer disease.
How to take evening primrose oil
Evening primrose oil is effectively used for various conditions with specific doze. To take evening primrose oil for cervical mucus; take one teaspoon daily beginning from day one of menses up till the 14th day. This can depend largely on your cycle, whether your cycle is short or long, do not take evening primrose oil after ovulation, especially when actively trying to conceive.