What Is Testosterone?
There are several signs you may experience that shows you may have low testosterone levels. What are the normal testosterone levels to keep you in perfect health? First, let’s look at what testosterone is.
Testosterone is a hormone. It’s the hormone that puts hair on a man’s chest and the force behind a man’s sex drive. Testosterone helps build a man’s muscles, gives a man a deep voice, and enlarges the size of his penis and testes, all these happens in puberty.
When a man becomes an adult, it keeps a man’s muscles and bones strong and sustains his interest in sex. This makes a man a real man physically and in bed (sexual performance).
Why Does Testosterone Levels Decline?
Most men begin to experience a gradual decline in testosterone levels after age 30. A man may begin to experience a decrease in sex drive due to the drop in testosterone, but many men mistakenly believe that their loss of interest in sex is because they are getting older, which is actually a misconception.
The normal testosterone range in males is about 270 to 1070 nanograms per deciliter (ng/dL) with an average level of 679 ng/dL. A normal male testosterone level peaks at about age 20, and then it slowly declines. Testosterone levels above or below the normal range are considered by many to be out of balance. A decline in testosterone levels can be caused by a number of conditions, including:
- Hormonal disorders
- Injury to the testicles
- Testicular cancer or treatment for testicular cancer
- Chronic liver or kidney disease
- Type 2 diabetes
- Some medications
- Genetic conditions
Signs You May Have Low Testosterone Levels
- A drop in your energy – extreme tiredness or fatigue is a common sign you have low testosterone levels. You may begin to feel like you don’t have the energy you used to have. You easily feel exhausted and lack motivation.
- Low sexual performance – a drop in your sexual desire can be due to low testosterone levels. Low testosterone levels can also affect your ability to keep an erection during sex and can make you ejaculate too quickly during sexual intercourse.
- Lack of mental alertness – low testosterone levels can impair your mental focus and memory. You may begin to have trouble in concentration and become more forgetful.
- Mood swings – this can become very disruptive affecting your productivity. You can easily become depressed and unhappy due to rapid change in mood caused by low testosterone levels.
- Muscle changes – low testosterone levels can result to a change in your muscle mass and strength because the hormone testosterone helps build muscle which means you can no longer build muscles.
- Drops in bone density – low testosterone levels can lead to drops in bone density, which means that bones become more fragile and increasingly prone to breaks. Low testosterone has been linked to osteoporosis, a disease that weakens bones.
- Fat accumulation – you can easily gain fat due to low testosterone levels, since you can no longer build muscle with the physical activities you do, your body turns the calories you consume into fat.
- Body hair loss – Low testosterone levels can cause you to lose some facial hair, pubic hair, and hair on your arms and lower legs.
- Inability to sleep – you may experience restlessness at night, have trouble falling asleep known as insomnia when your testosterone levels are low.
- Infertility – a man’s low testosterone level can be a problem for a couple trying to get pregnant. If you have been trying to father a child for some time without success, this may be a sign that your testosterone levels are low.
Treatment for Low Testosterone Levels
As you age, a gradual decline in your testosterone level is to be expected. If you want to bring your testosterone levels to normal range or you are trying to father a child, there are treatment options available:
Injectables – gonadotropin injections is a common low testosterone treatment. Gonadotropin are hormones that signal the body to produce more testosterone which may increase the sperm count of a man trying to father a child. There are also risks with this treatment option.
Testosterone treatment can raise a man’s red blood cell count as well as enlarge his breasts. This treatment option can also accelerate prostate growth. It is therefore strongly advised that men with breast and prostate cancer should not receive this type of testosterone treatment.
Natural treatment – this treatment option has to do with the use of natural plant remedies to restore or bring balance to testosterone levels. There are natural plants that are extremely safe but powerful in bringing balance to the hormone testosterone.
The combination of natural plants in FertilXtra for men is a great remedy in bringing balance to the hormones and restoring male fertility.
A man with the signs of low testosterone levels discussed above and trying to father a child can get remedy with FertilXtra for men you can find here >>> http://fertil24.com/product-category/male-health/